Factory default will restore all printer settings, other than the network settings, back to the factory default. It will also force the printer to do a calibration. Bringing the printer back to factory default and forcing a calibration can fix a wide range of issues; however, you will need to reload all settings that you changed manually.
Network default reinitializes the printer’s wired or wireless print server. With a wireless print server, the printer will also re-associate with your wireless network.
- Press the button under the Home Symbol to open the Home Menu.
- Press the Right Arrow Button to get to the Tools Menu and Press the OK Button to open the menu.
- Press the Right Arrow Button five times to get to the Load Default Screen.
- Hit the button under LOAD. The printer will then ask you if you are sure.
- Hit the button under YES and the printer will Factory Default.
Follow the same procedure as Factory Defaulting the printer up to step 3. From the Loading Defaults Screen, hit the Up Arrow Button twice and the Default Network Screen comes up. Just select LOAD to default the network settings.Learn more about this topic at scansource.com >