The G series printers from Zebra communicate their operational status using the Status Light next to the Feed button.
Below is the list of states the status light can have and what the printer is trying to tell you.
Status Light Error Resolutions
- The printer is not receiving power.
- Have you turned on the printer power?
- Check power connections from the wall outlet to the power supply and from the power supply to the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the wall outlet for 30 seconds and then reconnect the printer to the wall outlet.
The printer is on and in an idle state.
- No action necessary.
The printer has failed its power on self test (POST).
- If this error occurs right after you turn on the printer, contact an authorized reseller for assistance. When the printer is operating normally, the printer status light will be amber for about 10 seconds before turning green (solid or blinking).
- There is a memory error.
- If this error occurs after you have been printing, turn the printer power off and on, and then resume printing.
- The printhead needs to cool down.
- If this error continues, turn the printer power off for five minutes or more, and then turn on. If the amber light persists, then the printer requires service.
The printer is receiving data.
- As soon as all of the data has been received, the status LED will turn green and the printer will automatically resume operation.
The media or ribbon is out or the printhead is open.
- Printer is out of media or ribbon.
- Reload the media or ribbon and then press the Feed button to resume printing.
- If the printhead is open, close the top cover and press the Feed button to resume printing.
The printer is paused.
- Press the Feed button to resume printing.
The printhead is over temperature.
- Printing will stop until the printhead cools to an acceptable printing temperature. When it does, the printer will automatically resume operation.
FLASH memory is not programmed.
- Return the printer to an authorized reseller
The printhead or motor has had a critical failure.
- Return the printer to an authorized reseller.
Learn more about this topic at scansource.com >
Source: Zebra G Series User Guide