In certain cases there is a need to test connectivity, or verify functioning of a NIC card on a codec. In that case, setting up an M100 test can be helpful in verifying if the HDX is functioning correctly.
- Please go to http://www.polycom.com/forms/m100_trial_sw.html and
- Download the M100 software to the laptop that will be used for testing
- Set the laptop up with an IP address one greater than the HDX. For example, if the HDX has a LAN IP address of 126.96.36.199, then give the laptop an IP address of 188.8.131.52
- Install the M100 software trial version by following the install wizard prompts.
If you need help, there is an online community available at http://community.polycom.com/
- Shut the HDX off
- Connect the laptop to the HDX using a crossover cable from LAN port to LAN port
As an alternative, you can use straight through cables to connect the laptop and HDX if you have them connected to a switch
- Turn the HDX back on
- Place a call from one system to the other and test connectivity and length of call.