Remote control does not work, remote will not control codec, need to change remote control channel
First, test to verify codec is receiving IR signal from remote
Press the Home button on the remote control to see if the power light on the front of the codec flickers in response to the button. If the light flashes, then the codec is receiving IR from the remote.
If the power light does not flicker in response, move on to the following steps.
For all codecs:
Check IR channel number on remote and codec.
To set the IR channel on the remote:
- Cover IR emitter with your hand
- Press and hold the Options key until the readout on the remote says Set Code
- Press the down arrow key, and the readout will show Set ID
- Press the right arrow key, and the readout will show a number between 1 and 15
- Push the up or down arrow key until reaching # 3
- Press the right arrow key, and the readout will show the message Done.
To verify IR channel on the codec:
- Login in to the web interface of the HDX
- Click on the admin settings tab
- Click on General Settings in the menu on the left hand side of the page
- Click on the System Settings
- Scroll down the page to the subheading Remote Control/Keypad
- Channel ID will be an option in this subheading, select 3 from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Update button near the top of the page
Check camera and cabling to ensure IR commands are being sent and received.
Note: All EagleEye Cameras have IR sensors in the base. In the case of the HDX systems, ONLY the HDX 9000 series has an IR sensor built into the front of the unit.
What kind of cabling is being used?
If it is a Polycom HDCI cable, can another Polycom HDCI cable be swapped with existing cabling to make sure the original is good?
If it is Polycom HDCI to 5BNC DB9 breakout cable (2457-23521-001), can they verify cabling is good between DB9 plugs?
Can they verify the DB9 cable is straight through?
Can another EagleEye camera be traded with this one to make sure it is not a camera problem?
Contact ScanSource Tech Support if you need further information at 1-877-835-7000.Learn more about this topic at scansourcecommunications.com >