How to Restore Default Configuration Settings
Although it should not be necessary during the normal course of operations, the administrator might need to return to the default configuration settings of the switch. To do so, see the directions below:
- Consider saving the current configuration settings. See “Exporting and Importing Wireless Switch Settings” for directions on how to save the settings.
- Select System Configuration –> System Settings from the left menu.
- Click the Restore Default Configuration button to restore all factory settings. The system will display a warning that current settings be lost and ask for confirmation that the action should be taken.
- Click the Yes button. Upon confirming the restoration of default settings, the switch reboots.
- After the reboot is complete, log into the switch?s configuration screen using “admin” for the user ID and “symbol”? for the password.
If, for some reason, access to the user interface is not possible to restore the factory settings, a process for restoring the defaults from the command line interface is available.
Restoring Default Configuration Settings Using the Command Line Interface
Although it should not be necessary during the normal course of operations, the administrator might need to restore the default configuration settings of the switch. This procedure is typically performed from the WS 2000 Network Management System user interface; however, there are circumstances in which the administrator cannot access the switch through the user interface (for example, if the administrator accidentally disables all the subnet checkboxes in the WS2000 Access screen). Because of this, there is a process for restoring the defaults from the command line interface. Follow the directions below.
- Using a null-modem cable, attach a computer or terminal to the DB-9 serial port on the front of the switch for direct access to the command-line interface.
- Using a terminal emulation program, such as HyperTerminal, set up a connection to the switch through the COM port that is connected to the null-modem cable.
- Set the properties for the port as indicated below.
Property Value Bits per second: 19,200 Data bits: 8 Parity: None Stop bits: 1 Flow control: None
- When the communications program initiates the connection with the switch, a prompt to enter manager?s password is displayed. Type in the manager password and then the ENTER key.
- When the prompt is displayed type “admin” and ENTER. The interface with then prompt you for the current admin password. Type in the password and then the ENTER key. If the login is successful, a prompt is displayed.
- Type the command “system” followed by the ENTER key.
- Type the command “config” followed by the ENTER key.
- Type the command “default” followed by the ENTER key. The default configuration settings will be restored and the switch will reboot.
After the reboot is complete, you can log into the switch with the standard user interface. The default IP address for the switch is 192.168. 0.1, and the login information is “admin” for the user ID and “symbol” is the password.
Instructions also available for download.
Still have questions or technical trouble?
If your already a ScanSource Reseller contact us for further support.
- Phone: 800-944-2439 ext. 4002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not yet a ScanSource Reseller? Click here to find out how easy it is to become one.Learn more about this topic at scansource.com >