Removing the Printhead
- Turn OFF the Power Switch and unplug the power cord from the AC Receptacle.
- With the printhead locked in the down position, loosen the Captivated Screw. (When free, the screw will spring upward).
Note: The H-8308 model has two Captivated Screws; loosen both.
- Unlock the Printhead Latch then raise the Printhead Assembly.
- While supporting the Printhead, carefully disconnect the Cables, and then remove the Printhead from the printer.
Installing the New Printhead
- Position the Printhead under the Printhead Assembly and connect the Cables.
- Place the Printhead (via the holes in its top surface) onto the Alignment Pins of the Printhead Assembly.
- Secure the Printhead to the Printhead Assembly using the Captivated Screw(s); do not over-tighten.
- Clean the Printhead with alcohol then allow it to dry.
- Load media (and ribbon, if needed) then lower the Printhead Assembly and lock the Printhead Latch. Plug the power cord into the AC Receptacle and turn ON the Power Switch.
- Print a Validation Label. Examine the printed label and, if necessary, adjust the Darkness setting so that the print contrast (darkness) produced by the new Printhead matches the old Printhead.
Still have questions or technical trouble?
If your already a ScanSource Reseller contact us for further support.
- Phone: 800-944-2439 ext. 4002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not yet a ScanSource Reseller? Click here to find out how easy it is to become one.Learn more about this topic at scansource.com >