On June 28th, Government Source collaborated with Motorola Solutions to host a web seminar called Motorola’s Wireless Solutions for 21st Century Learning. Our presenter, Brandon Williams from Motorola, was a wonderful speaker and was so helpful and informative. Please take some time to watch this presentation if you have any interest in selling to education (K-12 and higher ed) customers.
Playback Link: Motorola’s Wireless Solutions for 21st Century Learning
We got a great question after the presentation from one of the attendees. We thought this was useful information and wanted to share it with you!
Q: Is there a pre-sales survey or similar survey form available for wireless products this market? I find the forms are generally useful in keeping us focused when prospecting for opportunities.
A: We don’t have a standard pre-sales survey for wireless opportunities in education. However, I would recommend that you consider the following top questions in your discussions with your customers:
- Is the school district / higher ed institution fully deployed with Wireless LAN or just partially? In either case, has the network been upgraded to the latest 802.11n standard?
- Are they experiencing rapid growth of student devices in the classrooms and other areas, and is this straining the existing wireless network?
- Does the existing wireless support very dense user environments like one-to-one classrooms or lecture halls?
- Will the existing network support all the newly emerging digital resources such as digital textbooks, video on demand, and cloud-hosted services?
- Will the school district’s infrastructure be able to support the growth in online assessment that will be coming in the next 2-3 years?
- Does the school district / higher ed institution have older buildings that need wireless but the expected installation costs are prohibitive? (AP6511 Wallplate)
- Is the school district / higher ed institution struggling with building and managing a much larger wireless network without being able to add IT personnel?
Do you have any customers in education? We’d like to hear your feedback as to whether these questions would help you with a prospective customer.Learn more about this topic at scansource.com >